I’ll keep this short and sweet (hehe ;] ) because obviously you came for the recipes and not my awesome banter, right? Right.
My sweet tooth is the biggest obstacle for me in my health journey. Even after two rounds of Whole 30 and now Keto, I still love desserts. A lot more than the average human I suspect. So, when I find a good recipe for a guilt free dessert that won’t kill my progress I’m all over it. Together Tiffany and I have come up with 4 desserts that are as delicious as they are innocent. Well, mostly :]. Two are specifically designed for Keto and two are more targeted towards the Paleo dieter, but either can be modified to fit your specific eating style with just a few tweaks. We hope you enjoy these, and would love to try out any favorite dessert recipes you might have, so pass them along!
Macaroon Date Pies
- 1 cups unsweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp raw honey (for crust)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp almond milk (for crust if moisture is needed)
- 2 egg whites (reserve yolks for date filling)
- 6 dried Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp raw honey (for pie filling
- 2 egg yolks (mix yolks with almond milk well prior to adding to pan)
- 2 tbsp almond milk( for pie filling)
- 2 tsp almond meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Mix coconut, coconut flour, honey, sea salt, ghee, and any of the almond milk needed to moisten the mix for the crust. It should be moist enough to be pressed into a mold without crumbling.
- Fill 6 holes in the tin about half full with pie crust mixture, pressing down to form crust to pan.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes to set crust. When crust is set, immediately pull from oven and turn pan upside down to remove crusts, this may require a tap or two on the bottom of the pan. Carefully place crusts onto a baking sheet.
- While crust sets, slice your dates into small pieces and add to a sauce pan. Add honey, egg yolk mix (tempered earlier with almond milk), and almond meal and slowly simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring and mashing the dates as they dissolve.
- When it’s all happily married together, pull from heat.
- Fill crusts with filling.
- Return to oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until browned, then remove and let cool.
- You can also get fancy and sliver some almonds to be placed on each pie before baking for some curb appeal. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Upside Down Cake With Mixed Berry Compote
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup of ghee or coconut oil melted ( I use half & half)
• ¼ cup almond milk
• ⅓ cup real raw honey
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 egg whites
• ghee or coconut oil for oiling pan
• 2 cups berries of choice (I used raspberries and blueberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350’F. Oil a 9″ round cake pan and line bottom of pan with unbleached parchment paper cut into circle to fit the bottom. (I just trace the bottom of the pan and cut out)
2. In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set to the side.
3. In another bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, ghee/coconut oil, almond milk,honey, and vanilla until it becomes a bit foamy.
4. Add wet to dry and mix well to combine.
5. In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold VERY gently into cake batter.
6. Place half your berries in the bottom of your pan and add your cake mix on top.
7. Bake for 28-30 until cake is golden brown.
Use the other half of your berries for this.
• 1 tbs water
• 1 tbs raw honey
Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and simmer down for about 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool and spoon on to your slice of yummy Mixed Berry Upside Down Cake :]
Almond Butter Muffins
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted full fat coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 3 packet stevia (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup warmed almond butter for topping (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray, or butter.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer fitter with the paddle attachment, add almond butter, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder mixture, then add heavy cream or coconut cream. Mix well.
- I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out batter into muffin tin, so they would be about the same size. Feel free to use whatever you’d like to add batter to holes in muffin tin.
- If topping with nuts, add to the top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes, or until firm.
- Pull muffins from oven. While muffins cool slightly, heat your almond butter for topping in microwave for about 20 seconds. Spoon warm almond butter onto muffins and enjoy!
Chocolate Orange Keto Cheesecakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tbsp liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 1 package cream cheese
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray or butter.
- In large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add almond flour, melted butter, 2 packets stevia. Mix well until mixture is moist and can be formed into a crust without crumbling.
- Using your fingers, carefully form batter in the bottom of each hole in muffin tin, until it is a solid crust. There should be enough batter for 8 holes.
- Place tin in oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until edges of crust start to brown slightly. Remove from oven.
- In large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all remaining ingredients except about 1/4 of the orange zest and mix until well combined.
- Carefully spoon filling into each hole, until it just about reaches the brim of each hole. Use remaining orange zest to sprinkle on top of each cheesecake (optional).
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until cheesecakes start to crack slightly on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before enjoying.
We hope one of (or all) these awesome desserts caught your eye and that you give it a shot! We’d love any and all feedback or suggestions for desserts to make in the future :].
Have a blessed day!