Spring is in the air, Easter is coming up, and summer is right around the corner. Which means Potlucks, lots of them. Summer cook outs galore and many opportunities to lose your sanity surrounded by the carb filled, sugar saturated dishes and desserts. Keep it together people!!! Your Aunts world famous pasta salad is not worth the crash. So. Go prepared. Now I know we all have the “Specialty Diet” naysayers no matter if you are Keto, Paleo, or any other preference. You know the ones who snub their nose at the mere mention that your contribution is anything but their “normal”. The folks who poke and prod at your “weird” food as if it were radio active. If you want to avoid all that jazz just grab a bowl and a few ingredients and whip up one of these Keto friendly casseroles. Then walk out of there like a boss when Aunt Bessie asks for the recipe.
First up, Spicy Reuben Casserole.
- 2 lbs thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 can kraut
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 8 oz block of pepper jack cheese
- 1 8 oz block of Swiss cheese
- 3 tbs finely grated horseradish
- 1/2 c. sugar free ketchup or a small can of tomato paste
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 3 tbs flax seed
- 2 tbs mustard seed
- 3 tbs almond meal
- 1 tbs melted butter
This is easy as can be.
- Just dice your peppers and onion place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain and rinse your can of kraut make sure you get as much water as possible out and add to mixing bowl.
- Add your mayo, horseradish, and ketchup to bowl.
- Chop up your corned beef into your desired size and add to bowl.
- Grade all your cheese up into a different bowl and toss until mixed. Add 3/4 of the mix to the mixing bowl set the other aside.
- Mix all together and add to your casserole pan.
- Cover the top with the remaining cheese.
- Get all your topping ingredients and toss in a bowl then spoon onto the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 mins. Broil on low for about 3 to 5 minutes to give the top a nice golden brown.
Next up….Chicken Fajita Casserole. If you think that sounds yummy you are totally right, this stuff is delish!
- 3-4 large chicken breast
- 1/2 onion cut in strips
- 1 bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 8 oz. block of pepper jack cheese
- 2 bags of cauliflower rice or about 4 c. of self riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- Simmer chicken and stock in crock pot for about 4 hours until easily shred. (or if in a time crunch you can boil in stock and shred)
- Drain and shred the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken, sour cream and spices.
- Saute the onions and peppers in a pan and set aside.
- Place cauliflower rice in a pan and brown slightly draining if necessary to remove excess moisture.
- Layer rice, grated cheeses, peppers then chicken until dish is full.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 mins until golden brown.
We hope that you and your family enjoy these sharing dishes.
1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.