We hope you’ve had a fantastic week! This muffin recipe has been a huge hit around here this week, in fact I have already made them twice. It came about while I was daydreaming about all the ways you can use sugar free chocolate chips (which I recently discovered and fell in love with). Cookies were the obvious first choice, which is why I didn’t go that route. If a low carb, sugar free cookie is what you’re after, there are TONS of awesome recipes out there by some pretty awesome bloggers like this one for example. However, if you have a pretty tight relationship with your muffin tin and you are all about cute cupcake liners (guilty :]!), then give these ridiculously wonderful muffins a shot, we promise you won’t just make them once.
Double Chocolate Walnut Muffins
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granular stevia
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, stevia, and cacao powder.
- Add all remaining ingredients except walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. When mixture is completely moist, add chocolate chips (leaving out about 1/2 cup for topping the muffins) and walnuts. Mix until combined. Batter will be thick, like mashed potatoes.
- Use a measuring cup or ice cream scoop to spoon batter into liners evenly and carefully.
- Once batter is in the liner, add additional chocolate chips to the outside of each muffin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top of muffin is firm to touch.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!